Monday, August 6, 2007

Mistake or Mis text

Cell phones are a great invention, I love sending and receiving text messages. Sometimes however, things can go slightly awry. I have two Helens in my address book, Helen F. and Helen M. I thought Helen F had been deleted so I rushed off a text message to Helen M while I was on holidays. Here is how the conversation went.

Me. Hi Helen, having a grt hol. in Melbourne.
H. Hi I dont no u. But glad u r having a good time.
Me But arent you Helen M
H No sorry m8
Me I have u in my address book. R u from Perth
H No Sorry
Undeterred I determined to soldier on, (message) on.

Me This is Glen here. Who r u?
H Oh Glen, u dag (lol)

It was then I realized I was messaging Helen F and not Helen M. So although it was the wrong Helen it was kinda the right Helen and it all turned out well.

There is a message to be learned here, I'm sure of it
Glenni

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes these mistakes are by design I think.

In the UK a woman sent a saucy text message to a friend but had written his number down incorrectly and the message ended up on the phone of a man she'd never met. He didn't know where the message came from but he was intrigued by it and so replied with "tell me more". She did and then he did and then they got married (with probably some other stuff between the text messaging and the wedding).

So, there's a point somewhere - you just have to find it.

glenniah said...

See, truth is stranger than fiction after all is said and done.
This leads me to segue to your second point re (the point). Sometimes the point is so far in you cant find it. I have no idea what the point of all that was really,
Glenni