Friday, August 3, 2007

A heroic act

We had been strolling along the famous Fremantle cappucino strip when Jamie and I decided to walk into Target. As we were turning into the store an attractive young woman turned in front of us. She walked inside and a man who had been strolling along the pavement suddenly veered into the store behind her and followed her up the elevator. Now I admit to having a sense of the dramatic, so I turned to Jamie and said I think this young woman is being followed by someone. We rode up on the elevator and followed the man following the young woman. "Yes" he agreed, she is being followed. We watched her making several stops with the man close behind. Finally I went up to her and asked, 'did you come into this store with anybody? After all, he could have been her father I was just giving him the benefit of the doubt. 'No' she replied firmly. 'I don't want to alarm you.' I said. "But that gentleman over there' (I pointed to the guy peering over the shelves at us) has been following you ever since you came in. She glanced at the man and then back again at me. Then she took to her heels and ran like mad out of the store. In retrospect she didn't know me either, so I guess she took the safest way out and dumped the lot of us. Even so, Jamie called me a hero and I did feel as if I had saved somebody as well as thwarting a prowler, so all in all it was a successful outcome. I like to think so anyway.
Glenni

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.