Thursday, August 9, 2007

Meeting my life partner

It was a warm balmy English Summer's day. I stood at Victoria Railway Station in London looking rather perplexedly for a sign to point me in the right direction. Suddenly a young (not unattracive man) spoke to me. Now I had seen him pass me and then come back again. Oh he likes me I thought, I know his kind, I will give him short shrift. However he did point out that I was meant to be at Victoria Bus station and not the railway station. This was helpful to me as I was awaiting the arrival of friends from the bus station. I felt I owed him, so when he asked me to have a coffee with him while I waited, I deigned to accept.We whiled away a pleasant hour or two until my friends finally found us.The conversation then turned to where we were going to go next. I chose the movies and my new friend said, Oh I have always wanted to see that film ( nod nod wink wink thought I). The others chose to go elsewhere and I felt that as it was early afternoon I would probably be safe enough to go with this gentleman to the movies.At the end of the film we went out to dinner and then he took me home. Outside the house he asked me, 'May I kiss you goodnight or should we shake hands." Wow! I was won over but didnt want to appear to be too anxious so I held out my hand for him to shake.

I was staying at the time with my girl friend's parents and when they discoved I had a male friend they were most concerned that this little Australian girl had met a man in big bad London. Immeadiately they invited him home so they could check him out, lol.They loved him because he cried at sad movies and knew all the really old hymns. LOL He could have been an axe murderer but he won the Mother's heart so he was IN.Well that was 25 years ago and we are still dancing to the same tune,a little bit slower now tho.

glenni

1 comment:

story takes time said...

That was precious, Genniah. What a brave girl you are. Unfortunately for me, when I give guys the benefit of the doubt I get dissapopinted.