Friday, January 20, 2012

Diesel and the Storm


Early Friday morning I was awoken by a scratching at our bedroom window. I opened the window before thinking about whether or not I had a crazed psycho burglar at the window. Fortunately for us it was Diesel our (fairly large) dog asking to be let in because there were loud thunder bolts crashing across the sky giving him a fright. I kindly brought his bed inside and then went back to my room and fell asleep. Soon I was awakened by amazing bolts of lightning and thunder flashing through the house. Deez had moved and was sleeping in the passage outside our bedroom door which he had pushed open with his nose so he could feel safer I suppose. This was the worst place he could be in because he caught the lightning and thunder from the front and back of the house. Every time there was a loud explosion Deez tried to force himself into our room,and when I closed the door on him he ran up and down the passage looking for an escape from this violent display of nature. Finally I felt sorry for this poor demented animal and went and laid down on the couch in the lounge room so he felt as if he had a protector. Every time the lightning lit up the room I could see a tableau of a dog very close, just gazing at me as if to say 'Can you please wake up and stop this noise'. Even I jumped when the thunder bolts were too loud. Finally, I drifted off to sleep only to wake up again when a particularly loud thunder bolt exploded in the lounge room and lightning turned night into day. Suddenly I felt something heavy on my legs. Deez had such a fright from the noise and light that he had jumped on top of me and there was no way he was going to be moved. All night long the power went on and off, and when it came on again the phone started up and kept reminding me to set it properly. Then an alarm belonging to the people across the road kept buzzing on and off, at first I thought it was a police car, then an ambulance or fire alarm, eventually I couldn't care less and Deez and I went back to sleep. The most amazing thing to me was that Jamie slept through the whole night and when I woke him up in the morning he could hardly believe he had slept through the most fierce storm we had had in many years.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

It's an amazing piece of writing designed for all the online people; they will take advantage from it I am sure.

my web blog :: disque ssd

Anonymous said...

It's nearly impossible to find knowledgeable people about this topic, however, you seem like you know what you're talking about!
Thanks

Feel free to visit my web blog - voyance

mbtusafootwear said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.